When it comes to cleaning pet hair, you need the best vacuum cleaner especially if you are dealing with pets such as cats and dogs which have long hair on them. Long hair tends to be difficult to vacuum clean but due to advanced technology, vacuum designed specifically for this issue have been manufactured.
Miele S 7260 Cat and Dog Vacuum
The Miele S7260 is our most highly recommended vacuum cleaner for cleaning long pet hair. It multitasks in that not only does it clean long hair for cats alone, but it also does an amazing job when it comes to cleaning dog hair as well.
A great deal about this vacuum is the AirClean Sealed System which comprises of the AirClean filter bag and the Active Air Clean filter. The clean filter captures and cleans up to 99.9% of dust particles in one swift move. The filter also removes allergens which may be harmful and toxic to the user. The active air clean filter has active charcoal layers which absorb and neutralize any available pet odors leaving the carpets and any other house material fresh and free from any pet odor.
It also has sealed bags which means that you don’t have to worry about spilled dust particles. This sealed dust bags can take up to three months before they get full. This is a big plus especially to those people who may find it inconveniencing to open and close the bags when emptying them. The unsealed bags which are mainly present in most vacuums may also get broken or detached easily when emptying them.
The mini turbo brush which is powered by 2 different motors allows you to easily clean and remove pet hairs from curtains and sofas with the greatest ease ever. The turbo motors rotate the brush to speeds of up to 4,800 rotation per minute which facilitates the removal of the most stubborn long hair.
It comes with a patented Swivel neck technology which allows you to maneuver it from one point to another in that you don’t have to move furniture’s such as seats or tables around from one point to another when cleaning since the swivel neck technology allows it to automatically adjust itself to reach such surfaces.
It has a 12 foot integrated flexible hose that allows you to clean upholstery such as curtains and staircases with ease. The long flexible hose with an electrical cord means that you don’t have to move the cleaner with you over short distances when you are doing your cleaning since the hose can cover a radius of 54 feet.
It has a strong suction power which allows easy cleaning. You can control the suction power by using the rotary dial which has four variable power settings which are placed on the handle of the cleaner. Controlling and adjusting the suction power depends on the materials you are dusting. You can use a weak suction power when dusting curtains and a strong suction power when cleaning hard surfaces such as carpets.
Another great feature is the telescopic wand and a headlight which allows you to see clearly the areas in which you are cleaning especially if you are dusting dark rooms and areas such as under beds and sofas.
- Cleans every surfaces.
- Easy to maneuver around.
- It has optional suction settings.
- Produces less noise.
- Weighs 22 pounds hence heavy to some users.
You might be staring at the small particles of dirt, dust bunnies or the pet hair glued to your hardwood floor and thinking so hard. This particular episode in a cleaning experience could be very challenging especially if your cleaning arsenal is inadequate.
Just like any other task out there, cleaning involves getting the right tools. Cleaning wood floors for example, may not be very easy to deal with especially if one desires to maintain that sheen and wonderful polish. The first step in achieving this would be getting the right hardwood floor vacuum.
Characteristics of a Good Hardwood Cleaner
Many may under-look the importance of identifying with the specifics of the vacuum that would offer you just the right service. While it is not only about getting it done right, even comfort while getting the floor cleaned is another important task. What then should be considered good enough to get you going?
- Accessories: some vacuums may come with extra accessories which may be to your benefit or as a replacement for some parts that may wear out quickly. While this may vary with the brand and even your preference in totality, this could be one way to evaluate what you intend to get.
- Weight: comfort is equally important when doing your cleaning. You may not mind having to exercise while cleaning but this may not be the case daily. In such a case then, it is important to consider something light-weight, that will not affect how you do your task.
- Versatility: your cleaner should allow you to do some simple tasks without having to keep shifting the entire cleaner. An adjustable head for example could be of great importance or an extra lengthy power cord to avoid connecting and disconnecting the power source every now and then.
- Suction power: this is basically why you are getting the vacuum cleaner in the first place. Low suction powers would mean less effective cleaning which could mean poor sheen maintenance and polish while more time gets wasted in the cleaning process.
Canister or Upright?
This may appear of less importance but on closer look, you can’t just dismiss it. For hardwood cleaning, a canister would be more appropriate to an upright cleaner. This holds because the latter is much heavier than the former.
In addition the canister brands come with rubber which allows for smooth movement, ensuring that your hardwood floor doesn’t get eaten up or bruised during the cleaning process.
It is now clear that whatever you need to get, has to meet more than just your purchase needs but your cleaning needs as well. Here are some of the best cleaning products in the market that could be of interest to you as you consider making your purchase:
- Electrolux EL6986A UltraSilencer; this is an eco-friendly vacuum, made from recycled materials. It is a canister model that not only does the job well but does it in a quiet manner be it on hardwood floor, carpets or tiles. This product is available together with other top brands in Amazon.
- Miel S4212 Neptune; this is yet another canister model that does more than just the ordinary surface but gets deeper into the hard-to-reach zones due to its multilayer filtration system and its HyClean dust bag.
- Other common brands available on Amazon are: Eureka 3670G canister, the hoover floormate FH40010B, Bissel poweredge 81L2T, Hoover Linx etc.
All of these top rated cleaners for wood flooring can be found in Amazon’s marketplace, and each vacuum comes at the right price; a key to obtaining the best clean for your money.
When it comes to picking up crumbs and mess from around your house or maintaining clean interiors of your vehicles, hand held vacuum cleaners are the perfect choice. They are capable of reaching into the tightest of spaces that would be entirely inaccessible using a heavier, larger traditional vacuum cleaner.
Handheld vacuums are a by-word for convenience. They have been observed to be rechargeable and cordless under most of the circumstances- although such is not always the case- a feature that makes them perfectly handy when it comes to cleaning the interior of your car. Not only will you be saved the hassle of having to look around for a suitable charging socket to plug in the appliance, most hand held vacuums will also do away with the troubles of having to find the appropriate attachment on your main vacuum for cleaning away the dust particles from upholstery, cushions and sofas.
Top Handheld Vacuum Cleaners
Handheld vacuums are excellent if you have to clean blinds, ceilings, ceiling fans, tables, counter tops in the kitchen and other similar spots that are hard to access with a stick or upright vacuum cleaner. Here we take a look at some of the best handheld vacuum available in the market at present that will take care of all your cleaning needs.
- Black and Decker Dustbuster Flexi: If you are expecting a handheld to perform at the levels of a traditional household cleaner, then you will be required to pay likewise for the same. This cleaning appliance happens to be one of the most expensive products in the market. Nevertheless, the design on this Dustbuster Flexi is unique, lying somewhere between a handheld vacuum and a cylindrical vacuum cleaner. It has a smooth motor operated by a 18-volt lithium battery that packs enough power to let it work efficiently. Moreover, you will get a wide range of accessories along with this model and that includes a long crevice tool which is ideal if you have to clean along the side of sofa seats and cushions.
- Dyson DC44 Animal: Although expensive, you can never discount any cleaning appliance that has come out off the manufacturing house of Dyson. One of the classier models ever to be produced, had it not been for the hefty price tag the Animal would surely have been leader of the pack. A product that oozes quality, it is extremely effective in terms of its cleaning performance. After every charge, it will provide you with a cleaning run over a lengthy period of twenty minutes. The package features an admirable accessory range as well that is inclusive of a tool for pet hairs and another long tool designed especially for cleaning deep crevices. This product also comes with a long extension so that you can use it around the house very easily.
- Halfords Cyclonic Wet and Dry vacuum: If you are looking for conventional handheld vacuum cleaners, then look no further beyond this Cyclonic Wet and Dry vacuum cleaner from Halfords. It may not be one of the best cleaning products available in the market but is certainly capable of performing its duties and is a package worth considering. A flexible hose, seventy centimeters in length, is one of the prime accessories while it is equally capable of dealing with liquid spills over small regions. You will be provided with a battery backup of more than twenty minutes for your cleaning purposes but if in need of more time, you can make best use of the 12-volt extension cable.
- Makita LXT BCL 18ZW: This is another vacuum cleaner that stresses the fact that if you are in need of high cleaning performance from a handheld vacuum, then you will be required to shell out significant amount of cash for the same. If you are in possession of other tools from this manufacturer, then the product will be cost-effective, else the price tag will be significant especially since the charger and battery are not inclusive with the package. Nevertheless, you won’t regret making this purchase as it has one of the best cleaning performances. There is also a power extension cable that lets you use the cleaner around the house for longer durations. Carpet and crevice tools are the accessories worth being used while half-an-hour is the backup duration of the removable battery.
Choosing The Right Vacuum
With such an array of features and models available in the category of handheld cleaner, choosing the right model can be a very difficult proposition. There are three things that you need to consider while choosing the one that suits your needs. Begin by checking the weight. A handheld vacuum cleaner weighing more than five pounds is not good as you will be subjected to a lot of strain while using it for cleaning.
Next, check for the attachments being provided in the package. A cleaning brush and crevice tool are the bare minimum while if you find such items as pet hair removers and brush rolls, consider them to be bonus products in the package.
Last but not the least, take into consideration the duration of backup provided by the appliance. Ten minutes is considered the benchmark for hand held vacuums so if your cleaning appliance fails to provide you with the bare minimum time for cleaning, consider the investment to be a waste.